Personal or group coaching for holistic health and nutrition helps people learn about self-care to optimize health. Client goals are established and plan is developed to teach and support you along your health journey. For more information book a complimentary 30-minute discovery call with Melody at 306-500-8200 or email email@example.com to see if this is a good fit for you.
What is A Holistic nutritionist?
Holistic nutrition is a special combination of modern science and time-tested wisdom based on the philosophy that each person has unique nutritional requirements in consideration of body, mind and spirit.
The practice of holistic nutrition requires a college program and approximately 1100 hours of study. Studies include anatomy, chemistry, cellular biology, symptomatology and physiology. Holistic nutritionists apply natural health principles to these studies with the goal of helping individuals achieve optimal health.
We are not allowed to “cure”, “treat”, “diagnose” or “prescribe”. We make recommendations for all aspects of a healthy lifestyle including quality of food, food preparation techniques, supplements, sleep, stress management, exercise and other lifestyle considerations. We are also trained to refer to other practitioners when appropriate.
Graduates of a recognized, college program can join a self-regulated association that oversees educational and professional standards for holistic nutrition. Members must adhere to a well-defined scope of practice and code of ethics. An association provides:
- Professional code of conduct;
- A clearly defined scope of practice;
- A resource for the public to find a holistic nutritionist;
- Continuing education requirements; and
- A formal complaints and redress process.
Holistic nutritionists play a different, but very valuable, role from dietitians as we are part of the natural health community which supports health through body, mind and spirit. We work in partnership with other practitioners such as medical doctors, naturopaths, chiropractors, massage therapists and dietitians in complementary medicine clinics. You may also find us in food and health stores where our services are needed.
The services offered by a CSNN graduate are grounded in the following principles:
- Acknowledgement that each person is biochemically distinct and has unique nutritional needs;
- Awareness of the meaning of holistic nutrition; the interrelationship of mind, body and spirit; and the importance of addressing these interactive factors which are unique to each individual;
- Promotion of whole, locally grown and organic foods; sustainable farming practices; and the necessity of living in a non-toxic environment;
- Understanding that prevention and self-responsibility are fundamental to any successful health care program;
- Recognition that supplementation is not a substitute for wholesome, nutritious foods but that it may be helpful in recommended form, dose and frequency;
- Respect for clients and for their wellness goals, personal tastes, morals, social, and life values;
- Acceptance of the unique contribution of other health care providers, and the need to work co-operatively with them regardless whether they are of holistic or allopathic background;
- The main services provided by a CSNN graduate include the following:
- Document client’s goals, needs, and plans;
- Evaluate client’s food selection, preparation and intake;
- Evaluate client’s lifestyle and overall feeling of well-being;
- Evaluate client’s use of dietary supplements;
- Identify client’s nutritional imbalance(s) and lifestyle habits;
- Work with other health care professionals, if applicable, in order to determine all nutritional and lifestyle-changing needs of the client, including referring client to other health care professionals as deemed appropriate;
- Support the progress of the client’s health goals by creating an individualized wellness program, which will include the use of whole, nutrient-dense foods; menu plans; natural source supplements; and lifestyle modifications – including the use of non-toxic, environmentally friendly household/personal products;
- Provide further guidance to the client, if necessary, by explaining food labels, and by offering food preparation techniques and shopping tips;
- Guide the client in the implementation of a long term personal health plan, provide education when necessary, and offer ongoing assessments;
- Monitor the client’s personal health plan in order to reinforce participation in the achievement of the health goals;
- Act as a community educator to the public and to other health care professionals, developing curriculum, preparing manuals, writing articles, publishing books, and teaching;
- Promote health discussions in schools, workplaces, and community agencies;
- Bring holistic nutrition knowledge, principles, and philosophy to other professions.
Workplace wellness is for businesses large and small. Creating a healthy workplace culture that supports employee wellbeing is good for the health of the business and improves the bottom line. Some of the benefits include:
- Improve productivity
- Attract and retain top talent
- Reduce stress(on and off the job!)
- Enhance safety and performance
- Reduce absenteeism
- Happier employees
- Reduce costs
- Reduce presenteeism
- Improve focus and creativity
Conferences and events are just some of the places where Melody has been on the stage to deliver wellness and holistic nutrition education for groups large and small. If you are looking for an engaging speaker to motivate and empower a group for healthier living then get in touch to discuss the possibilities.
Why Workplace Wellness?
We spend a large part of our life at work. It can be far more enjoyable when there’s a healthy workplace culture that supports both employees and the health of the company. Wellbeing goes beyond nutrition – lifestyle choices and motivation to embrace a happier life and workplace culture are fundamental. We help companies be more productive by supporting employee health initiatives and work-life balance. Learning about healthy eating, reducing stress and mindfulness help reduce absenteeism, presenteeism, employee turnover and risk of accidents, among other benefits. We help businesses improve their workplace culture that, in turn, improves the quality of life for their employees. Businesses that adopt workplace wellness programs tend to attract higher quality talent and improve their bottom line as a result!
To learn more contact Melody for a no obligation discussion about your goals and ideas here.